Giovanna C. Scicolone has been dealing with the restoration of ancient works of art on canvas on board as well as contemporary polimateric and unusual ones.
She has designed new products for the restoration, she carries out research on synthetic and natural materials and she has created new methods of intervention that are more respectful of the original consistency of art compared with the traditional ones. She teaches at Italian and foreign Universities, Restoration Academies and Schools (in particular - since 1987- at the ENAIP School in Botticino). She has theorized the “contemporary restoration” since 1985 in numerous publications and texts .
She has set up procedures of design of interventions created by scientific approach.
She carries out analyses and provides consulting service to restorers, Museums and Art Galleries, Regional Boards of Cultural Heritage and Environmental Conservation, etc.
Reviews related to the sole activity of research:
- Un restauro innovativo" - La Nazione - Florence 9 October 1983
- Alessandro Conti – Storia del restauro – IV Edizione – Electa – 1986
- Bruno Zanardi – senza scuole e senza testi chi sarà capace di restaurare l’Italia? – Il Giornale dell’arte – N°67 – May 1989
- Bruno Zanardi – Il caso esemplare di uno stendardo – Il Giornale dell’arte – N°73 December 1989
- Le tecniche e i materiali di Morandi studiati da Giovanna Scicolone e Ma ricetta Parlatore – ARTESPAZIO – December 1993
- Marco Ciatti - la conservazione dei dipinti : problemi , metodi e risultati – OPD 1993
- Giorgio Bonsanti – Troppi restauratori dalla rintelatura facile - Il Giornale dell’arte – N° 125 – September 1994
- Vanda Sabatino – il “restauro contemporaneo” : nuove tecniche e nuove idee- Stile – July-August 2000 –
- Roberto Bellucci – appianamento di una tela senza foderatura – OPD – 2001
- Silvia Vignati – Oggi è il mio giorno-Il giorno -2007